2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals.

So my first UG for Project ESta (I'm working on the car name!) is to get my iPhone connected up. I am looking at the Xcarlink as it seems to get a good review from the people in the know.

My questions are:

Is it possible to get the non-iPhone version and still work with the iPhone? I am just considering not being tied into iPhone with the car for all time.

My next question is, am then considering the Bluetooth attachment to go with this: My ES has the standard head unit (So no phone buttons on the steering wheel or radio unit), so can I use any buttons to answer the phone or anything like that? Opinions on this?

Thanks all, appreciate the advice.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I have this one from Xcarlink LINKY

It allows you to plug your iPhone or MP3 player or anything with an aux port so that you can play it through the stereo. You can also purchase the bluetooth kit to go with this if you want. However, I have heard some bad reviews of the bluetooth part of this. I would play it safe and get a Parrot kit ;)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have this one from Xcarlink LINKY

It allows you to plug your iPhone or MP3 player or anything with an aux port so that you can play it through the stereo. You can also purchase the bluetooth kit to go with this if you want. However, I have heard some bad reviews of the bluetooth part of this. I would play it safe and get a Parrot kit ;)
+1

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same non ipod version of this. Good piece of kit but the first unit they sent me was faulty which meant i had the dashboard in pieces 4 times. They did send me a new unit without any issues.
Upside is that i am now an expert in dashboard assembly. :)

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.