hi ,i have a late mark 2 crv
was wanting info on which one of the above i should buy
i dont have an iphone but wouldnt mind bluetooth
any pros and cons appreciated
thanks

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I have fitted products from both manufacturers in various cars, but only the version with the leads and they were fine.

Can't comment on the Bluetooth versions.

The Parrot MKi 9100 & 9200 are both very good and I've fitted loads of these. If you get the correct adapter lead called a SOT lead they are dead easy to fit in a CRV.

Advantages are, you get hands free phone kit, it music plays via 3.5 jack plug, usb, Bluetooth and the 9200 also has an SD card slot. Plus, if you sell car, you can transfer it as providing you can get a SOT lead for new car it will fit.

I have a wired iPod connector in my gen3 crv and it works well. But you dont get track information, you can't select playlists via name, or artists, albums etc....

With my MKi 9200 I can if using Bluetooth.

Reactions: medni

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the sot lead come with the kit ,or do i need to order it seperately ,,the mki 9200 is on at halfords for around 130 plus fitting ...tempted.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
SOT lead is a separate item.

Personally I wouldn't let halfords anywhere near my car, I've seen to many rubbish installs by them, as I've refitted/removed several of their installs!

Buy the bits from them though as the price is very good!

Reactions: medni

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
does the sot lead come with the kit ,or do i need to order it seperately ,,the mki 9200 is on at halfords for around 130 plus fitting ...tempted.
Fitting a connects 2 kit is easy. I'll help you if you need some pointers,

Follow this guide to get at the stereo, hardest part I found was getting the panel above the stereo out. You can buy some trim removal tools on Ebay for under a fiver.

VW Golf MK5 AUX iPod iPhone MP3 player lead VW iPod iPhone AUX in adapter cable | eBay

This is a brief picture step by step: but, be careful not to lose the clip by the cig lighter. I did this installation in the dark with a phone in my mouth, the plug goes straight into the back of the stereo head unit if you haven't got a cd changer.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/galler...grade-sub-reversing-cam-more.html#post1717034

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just had the mki9200 fitted today ,what an excellent piece of kit ,didnt realise i had an alpine 6 cd changer under the seat ,never used it ,
only problem upon inspecting is that there is no magazine inside the cd chager :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts