1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking to install this Dension kit in my Civic EX 2008

Gateway Lite BT

My purpose is really that I want to be able to stream music over Bluetooth from my phone.

For all those who have had experience of using this kit, I have 2 questions for you:

1. Does this allow me to control music/volume via the steering wheel controls?

2. For making phone calls, will my phone work seamlessly with the factory fitted Bluetooth, while being connected to this kit?

I have also seen that the XCarlink SKU703 does the job, but have read some bad reviews about Xcarlink overall, not this particular product.

So stuck between the 2 for the purpose I have covered above, please help me work out which one I should go for????

Thank you very much for all your help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I’m wondering the same thing, what is better to steam audio from phone,

Hi All,

I am looking to install this Dension kit in my Civic EX 2008

Gateway Lite BT

My purpose is really that I want to be able to stream music over Bluetooth from my phone.

For all those who have had experience of using this kit, I have 2 questions for you:

1. Does this allow me to control music/volume via the steering wheel controls?

2. For making phone calls, will my phone work seamlessly with the factory fitted Bluetooth, while being connected to this kit?

I have also seen that the XCarlink SKU703 does the job, but have read some bad reviews about Xcarlink overall, not this particular product.

So stuck between the 2 for the purpose I have covered above, please help me work out which one I should go for????

Thank you very much for all your help!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Don't know if this is of any help now but I had a Dension unit form my old E46 330, it was appalling! Rarely worked properly, was super fiddly to use and somehow managed to stop the sat nav giving instructions from the LHS speakers!

So tried to take this up with the after sales team, no response at all. Was really disappointed as it wasn't cheap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts