2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can someone answer my question please.. I have a civic Type S GT 2008. I have ordered a Xcarlink SKU 703 kit to allow me to play my iPhone through.... Is this the right one?
Also if it is how easy is it to fit?

Kindest regards
Pete

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Only SKUs I can see for your car are 194 and 424.

You need the 194 as it has the cable for the iPod/iPhone

As you have the GT, if it has satnav then you also need the Y cable.

Fitting is pretty simple, there is a guide on how to do it in the How To section, takes a few hours but it's a a pretty easy guide to follow, just take your time :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Only SKUs I can see for your car are 194 and 424.
The 703 is the bluetooth module.

You can use this but only over bluetooth or using the Aux in, you cannot connect your iPhone via cable. This means it won't charge the device and I'd guess you can't change tracks from steering wheel either.

·
The Red Devil
481 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
The 703 is the bluetooth module.

You can use this but only over bluetooth or using the Aux in, you cannot connect your iPhone via cable. This means it won't charge the device and I'd guess you can't change tracks from steering wheel either.
What if you use the USb to Lightening cable? to charge, is this also the cheapest option over Connects2 Kit im after the same setup as want Bluetooth hands free for calls

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, when you've got one of these Xcarlink fitted can you still use the CD player? I know it seems a silly question but I just thought I'd check

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I plug in a device like an ipod or even an android phone with music on it via the 3.5mm Line In connection will my steering wheel controls work? And does the music have to be in spcific folder structures for this?

Pete

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I plug in a device like an ipod or even an android phone with music on it via the 3.5mm Line In connection will my steering wheel controls work? And does the music have to be in spcific folder structures for this?

Pete
For the line in usage, you will only have the volume controls. You use anything you want, video player, music player, games....
For the iPod (not 100% sure), there is a specific cable...BUT don't know if you control the tracks on the steering wheel nor the folder structure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts