2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Civic Owners!

Would just like to know whether it would be worth while buying the xenon bulbs alone instead of the actual HID kit?

I currently have ice white side lights bulbs on but they don't match with my halogen headlights when they're both on :(. Also if I were to get the kit I don't know where to buy a legit pair from and how to fit them on...

Some help please

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
If you are going for a HID kit get a H7R these are designed for reflective housings,

Don't get ebay kits, go to a auto store and pay a good amount for it.

Also the HID bulbs are expensive they are around AUD$150 so that would be 60pound?

Phillips Crystal vision or diamond vision if you still want to stick with the halogen if you are not confident about adding the HID kit.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Colour and light output is attractive to a lot of people
Unfortunately Halogen bulbs can only mimick this by reducing light output
Aftermarket HID kits are NOT illegal if you have self levelling and washers..Most buyers of these dont.
Some even buy very blue HID bulbs ..6000K and greater.
These are being failed by MOT testers and targetted by Police in some areas

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Take good brand from a trusted supplier !!
I just replaced my HID on my S2K (originals where 4300k a bit yellow)
Bought some cheap Philips ones on Ebay (6000k)
On this car it is a 2hour job, now I have 2 different colour headlights
Not funny at all.
In real it is by far worse then on this picture, the left light (left on picture) is allmost RED)

Attachments

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Also the HID bulbs are expensive they are around AUD$150 so that would be 60pound?
You can get HID bulbs for around £20 for the pair in the UK, so they're not that much more expensive than halogen bulbs.

If you're worried about getting caught but would like higher light output, I would recommend getting a 4300K HID kit. This will still be slightly yellow and look stock.
But will still fail the MOT unfortunatly.

It's entirely up to you mate. Unless you know that MOT tester, it will fail as you don't have auto-leveling or washers fitted to the headlights.

There's also a chance of getting pulled over by the police and being slapped with a £30 fine.

Personally I'd stick with halogen bulbs.

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You can get HID bulbs for around £20 for the pair in the UK, so they're not that much more expensive than halogen bulbs.

But will still fail the MOT unfortunatly.

It's entirely up to you mate. Unless you know that MOT tester, it will fail as you don't have auto-leveling or washers fitted to the headlights.

There's also a chance of getting pulled over by the police and being slapped with a £30 fine.

Personally I'd stick with halogen bulbs.
I would hate to be pulled over right now as I already have illegal tints on the front :worms:

I may just stick with the HID bulbs as I don't have a clue on how to fit the kit on. I like the look of some of Mr JP's bulbs has anyone bought his Ultra Power H7 bulbs before?? They look like this...

Attachments

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Take good brand from a trusted supplier !!
I just replaced my HID on my S2K (originals where 4300k a bit yellow)
Bought some cheap Philips ones on Ebay (6000k)
On this car it is a 2hour job, now I have 2 different colour headlights
Not funny at all.
In real it is by far worse then on this picture, the left light (left on picture) is allmost RED)
Stef I can slightly see the colour difference in the pic :neutral: . I would've returned them and got a full refund the seller is clearly not legit !

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Seller is willing to replace
But I tried the bar code on the package and it is not recognizable.
My iPhone scanner, even if not recognizable it shows the number on the screen
This package nothing.
I am sure they are fake!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.