2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I decided to swap my well loved UK number plate to a foreign one (due to work only) and turned out that the local authorities refusing to give me a MOT equivalent paper due to the fact that my beam pattern is not correct (FOR THEM :cool:).

So I was told that I need to buy 2 new headlamps. Whatever, so I called a local dealer who asked me whether I have Xenons lights or not.
And of course I don't know the answer, when I bought the car I didn't get the manual with it, so I'm a bit stuck now. Hopefully someone can tell me exactly.

It's a 55 reg Civic Sport i-CTDI chasis: FK3, 2.2 diesel.
Tried to look up some info here on pretty much everywhere could find any certainties (if it helps when I turn the low beam on, it needs a few secs to brighten up fully and it's bright white lol).

My guess it's Xenon, but if someone can advise or tell me how to check it (without having to remove everything from under the bonnet) I'd be most grateful

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked with a dealer, it will be 156 quid for the pair (and they're new).
Also I've spoken with a car-breaker who has a given me a quote for a 100 so I will meet him and try to get the price a bit lower. I will post the final price I paid, when it's done

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
That's not right. I have have those and I had halogen lights.
Those are just for splashing water :)
You're correct, they are headlight washers. In the UK they are only on models which have HIDs to ensure compliance to the ECE regulations.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I think models in Scandinavia have the headlight washers on all types of headlights. I have them too and I have no HID headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts