2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have an 07 diesil civic sport cdti 2.2...

thinking of replacing the front 17" tyres (225/45/17)... 2 questions to you good people!...

1. should i be considering XL (extra load) tyres? are they preferred, or are they going to make the ride too hard...

2. Also if i do choose XL, is it ok to have a XL on front and non-XL on back?

(sorry if this questions been asked before) any feedback appreciated guys... :)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Hi,

The standard tyre for the 2.2 (on my S GT) is 225/45/17 91W, no need for XL...unless you do a lot of caravan towing ;)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Indeed, XL tyres aren't necessary but I've put them on at my last couple of tyre changes. There's a fair load on the fronts, but if you check the actual load rating for standard tyres it's more than enough to cope.
I did have a mix of standard and XLs at one point, with no apparent issues and it wasn't raised at an MOT or a service check.
As for changing the ride, I've not noticed. I wouldn't have thought it would make a major difference. You'd probably notice more from swtiching to lower profile tyres or over-inflating.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the info... reckon i might go for them anyway as am constatly having to ride the kerb so i can park better on my street. i reckon the extra reinforcement might help...

good to know though I can mix them and there's no difference in the ride... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts