2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day I had yesterday! On my way to visit a friend in Ipswich, happily cruising down the A14 with my tunes on and not a care in the world. Somewhere near Kettering I move into the outside lane to overtake a couple of cars trailing a lorry. As I travel past them one of the cars, a small red old thing, suddenly pulls across without indicating straight into my rear passenger side. I had no time to react to the impact and was left to frantically try to regain control as I was sent spinning back across the inside lane and into a ditch, coming to a stop literally inches from a lamppost. This was the resulting damage. (I'm fine by the way, just got a bit of a bad back)

Long story short, insurance have authorised repair and will be getting me a 'prestige' class courtesy car and I have 2 witnesses to back me up that the third party was at fault. Absolutely gutted it's happened so close to Xmas though. No idea how long the repair will take, I can't get it over 55mph without the rear of the car vibrating violently so not sure what that could be?

I had been booked in at Eurospec to get all my parts fitted and mapped on the 3rd of January so that'll have to be cancelled :( Really not in the Xmas mood anymore now!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers pal, yeah the main thing is I'm not hurt. While I was spinning around in the car all that was going through my head was 'I hope I don't get too bad of an injury'. Was proper expecting to be flipped onto the roof or smash into something hard.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
oh man..not good like..hope ya get it sorted soon like! hope all is well tho! guessing they knocked the tracking/balancing out :(

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Jimmy, just waiting for info on when the car will be recovered for repair now.

Get the alloy checked..It could be buckled
Good luck
Definitely a possibility mate. Once I'd pulled the big chunks of ditch mud off the wheel I realised just how much of a whack it's taken.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my worse nightmare with the amount of money I've spent on mine so I feel for you mate, glad your ok though and hopefully car will be back better than ever!!!
Thanks Leigh. I wouldn't wish it on anyone like but it does hurt that little bit more when you take such good care of your car and spend so much money modding it and it's all kind of snatched away because someone can't be bothered to use their wing mirrors.

Hopefully the car will be fully repaired and I can crack on where I left off. Was wanting to sell it yesterday when I was still on a massive downer but that'd be too much like quitting.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Gutted for you pal I know exactly how it feels so close to crimbo,I had some dumbass skid on ice into mine on December 19th last year so spent the festive period cruising around in an insignia estate it is soul destroying but at least your OK that's the main thing :)

·
Keep On Vtec'ing!
553 Posts
wow absolutly gutting for you mate :(

Ill assume that the other party stopped/has insurance and was suitably apologetic about being such an idiot!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Thanks Leigh. I wouldn't wish it on anyone like but it does hurt that little bit more when you take such good care of your car and spend so much money modding it and it's all kind of snatched away because someone can't be bothered to use their wing mirrors.

Hopefully the car will be fully repaired and I can crack on where I left off. Was wanting to sell it yesterday when I was still on a massive downer but that'd be too much like quitting.

Yeah you defo need to carry on from where you left off, I've been in that situation when your car gets damaged and you loose your love for it, but I'm sure once its back you'll love it again :D

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I feel your pain !

I'very been side-swiped three times since I bought my Civic, and it's sickening :(

Your issues could be serious - hub, torsion beam, suspension arm

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Absolute nightmare bud :( just glad you ok at the end of the day its just a car your life is more important than a car, but all will be well again when repaired :) but some people shouldn't be allowed on the road ! I'm sure some of them get there licence from a joke shop !

:TTurbo: THE BEAST :TTurbo:

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Sorry for you matey glad your ok though. Hope You can get it back to how it was as soon as?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Cheers Jimmy, just waiting for info on when the car will be recovered for repair now.

Definitely a possibility mate. Once I'd pulled the big chunks of ditch mud off the wheel I realised just how much of a whack it's taken.
Hi mate

Sorry to hear about your accident, hopefully the insurance company can get it all sorted. It's amazing how a bit of mud or snow can throw out a wheel balance.

John

1 - 20 of 174 Posts