2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the manufacturers of the Yaw sensor? Where is it situated on the car?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Looking t the website I think it should be mounted in the center of the car, On to of the fueltank ??

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I'm pretty damn sure that it's actually mounted just below your gearbox, underneath the "slidey" storage area in the center console.

There's a little white box on mine with Bosch written on it, and I was wondering what it was.

·
Registered
75 Posts
generationgav said:
I'm pretty damn sure that it's actually mounted just below your gearbox, underneath the "slidey" storage area in the center console.

There's a little white box on mine with Bosch written on it, and I was wondering what it was.
yep, that's where mine is as well. if anyone wants, I can take a photo as my cars in bits at the moment.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
steveking1000 said:
generationgav said:

yep, that's where mine is as well. if anyone wants, I can take a photo as my cars in bits at the moment.
Take as many pictures in as high a resolution as possible... they're bound to come in useful :)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I spent a 1/2 day at Silverstone with Toyota and they had an Avensis that you could turn the Yaw sensor off and on in, turn it off and a scandinavian flick put the car into a fantastic spin, 2 or 3 times round on the car park there, leave it on, same flick and the car just squeels and turns almost back on itself, apparantly they reckon that the traction control, yaw control etc in the Avensis was good enough that if you took over the top evasive action on the M25, you could turn it round at 65mph to face the other way and carry on driving, not sure whether I would prefer slewing into a trailer at 65mph or end up driving into oncoming traffic. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
generationgav said:

Well mine was a guess ;-) as I am still Civicless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts