2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....[smilie=cwl.gif][smilie=cwl.gif][smilie=cwl.gif]..

Civic....mine....

Roundabout....

BMW............she cut across.....:help:

*sniff*...im actually nearly crying

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I take it you have been involved in an accident, if so as long as no one was hurt just remember it can be repaired, although I understand how you must be feeling, time is a great healer mate...

all will be okay, make sure you insist on a Honda repair.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I duno what to do...woman wanted to hit me...and was shouting "why didnt you give me enough room to cut across?!"

But yeah...im just about to ring my insurance company and see what happens..any advice? as ive no idea what happens when i do

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Sounds great ,move til i cut you up

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just off the phone to insurance, apparently my fault, not happy about that.

I'm not one to be stubborn and be all no it wasnt my fault if it was.

I went into the side of the car...she was on the inside lane of the roundabout, I was on the out side, and she cut across infront of me and I hit the panel just infront of the rear wheel, my bumper is cracked and yeah, im gona go hang myself right now

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hi Neo

Sorry to hear about your bump :(

Phone your insurance company and tell them exactly as you see it, tell the truth and tell them it was not your fault. They will send you a claims form where you need to draw pictures of where each car was before, during and after the incident.

Have you any photo's of the scene and the damage to both cars, if not take some photo's of your car and return to the scene and take photo's of that. The more visual detail you can supply it will be easier for your insurance company to understand how the accident was caused.

Have you got the other parties details - name, address, car reg. and insurance details

Good luck - keeps us posted

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
just off the phone to insurance, apparently my fault, not happy about that.

I'm not one to be stubborn and be all no it wasnt my fault if it was.

I went into the side of the car...she was on the inside lane of the roundabout, I was on the out side, and she cut across infront of me and I hit the panel just infront of the rear wheel, my bumper is cracked and yeah, im gona go hang myself right now
That doesnt sound fair to me!! At the very least you could suggest ti INS Co that its knock for knock...where there any witnessess or traffic CCTV cameras? It really sucks when someone else drops you in it. Feel for ya bud.
(im gona go hang myself right now - clearly a joke, Right!!)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Sorry Neo was typing when you replied - it's not necessarily your fault - was she on the inside and her intention was to exit the roundabout and yours to go straight on? Did she indicate? Did she give you enough time to avoid the collision. She could have been positioned incorrectly.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately the damage was done a good 100 miles away, no photos taken

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she was positioned to go right around the roundabout, so when I saw that, go as I was going straight, so I stay on the outside lane, as soon as I did that she decided to just cut right across the lane to make it to the exit, and no she did not indicate, if she would I wouldn't have bothered joining on as it would have meant trouble. Unfortunately it was trouble!

But yes, as my insurance company is saying its my fault and that I shouldn't have been on the roundabout so, I don't think the go hang myself is a joke...I really just want to die right now

Erm no witnesses, the police though were actually leaving the exit she was trying to go into so they sealed off the place for a bit whilst measurements were done.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Oh dear Neo :(. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your beloved car :(. Don't get too miserable it will be as good as new before you know it.

If you really feel that it was not your fault then don't give up without a fight and as NoNumpty says supply as much evidence as you can to support your case.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I now can't get it out of my head it was my fault...

Didn't help the first thing the lady said was "what are you playing at?!"

I couldn't reply to that as I knew it wasn't my fault and didn't want to be "rude" so I just asked her if she was alright, which failed to get a proper answer.

Then relief, I got the feeling from talking to the police officers that it was her fault not mine, so that made me feel a bit better, ya know the police on my side agreeing, although they didnt admit it or anything, just a feeling..

But then my insurance company, HA!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Tell you a little story that is similar to yours

Coming up to a roundabout, following a car, both doing 30ish and the road changes from a single to a dual carriageway. The car in front goes into the right hand lane and I stay in the left (I am going straight on). Now I stay slightly behind the car so I can see what is happening on the roundabout - approaching vehicles etc - when suddenly and with no indication the car goes into the left lane. I slam on the brakes but couldn't help but hit the other car on their rear left quarter panel. They don't slow down or change their direction so it forces my car into the curb.

Damage to my car front right wing and bumper bent and left front alloy scuffed and scratched - tracking out
Damage to their car rear left quarter panel scratched and rear bumper bent.

they got out of their car ranting and swearing at me, I got out quite shocked at what had just happened. They shouted at me they were going straight ahead as they hadn't indicated right or left so needed to be in the left lane and I was going too fast and hit them.

I told them I was going at the same speed as they were when the drove into me at which point I braked where they didn't. I also told them I was behind them just before their manoeuver so I could see the roundabout. I also told them I was going straight ahead and I didn't care if he was going straight ahead or right as the roundabout is a dual lane type with a dual lane exit so we both could have gone straight on one in the right lane and one in the left.

Both insurance company's decided that the person at fault was not me as - I did get an abusive letter from the other party shortly after my car was fixed but then an apology after I sent it too the insurance company.

So Neo - all is not lost - just tell them as you see it and tell the truth and tell them it's not your fault, let the insurance companies fight it out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I now can't get it out of my head it was my fault...

Didn't help the first thing the lady said was "what are you playing at?!"

I couldn't reply to that as I knew it wasn't my fault and didn't want to be "rude" so I just asked her if she was alright, which failed to get a proper answer.

Then relief, I got the feeling from talking to the police officers that it was her fault not mine, so that made me feel a bit better, ya know the police on my side agreeing, although they didnt admit it or anything, just a feeling..

But then my insurance company, HA!
Did the police give you an incident number? They have to write a report - contact the police and try and get the indecent - erm incident report - it may support your case

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But ya see, I heard the woman talking to the police, saying "sure is it not a two lane exit?"

But it wasn't, and she was definately lying, because she's from that area. Just checked googlemaps and she lives down the road from where the accident happened.

I really genuinely don't believe it was my fault, she was improperly positioned, didn't indicate and then cut infront of me with no warning.

Insurance says I shouldn't have been on the roundabout and that she had the right of way! I find that pretty obsurd to be honest.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think thats a whole other issue that Neo may want to keep to himself :p;)
I assure you I was dressed like a right plonker, bright white jacket with thumb holes, three quarter length nike tracksuit bottoms on, spikey hair, and a pair of trainers, oh and a shirt and tie...

The police gave me this card with the officers details on it and then this one part that says

"EXT: *****" < those stars are a string of numbers he wrote.

The police also took a statement from me, measured some bits of the road and stuff, then just told me ring my insurance, tell them what happened and they should take it on from their.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
That will be his extension telephone number?

Did you tell the insurance company about the police presence?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts