2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it too early to have a yearly forum meet up :?: - in terms of membership.

It would be brilliant at some point in the future i think, to have meet ups, like other forums. :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
woops didnt notice that

i must admitt i think if the site grows we should

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Can we all wait till I get my baby?!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
To be fair I dont think it's something that will happen, well never say never. :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Nevermind the meet up, but do any of us think they have passed another Civ info member yet? I always wave, or flash fellow Civic drivers, hoping to see a thread on here, "who was driving the red Civic in .......", I suppose its like finding a needle in a haystack, but then saying that Sonicsteve lives 9 miles up the road. May be we need a sign, one that is not too obvious such that wives/girlfriends take the micky out of us. How about a white flag with a red cross fastened to the rear window, there must be a few going cheap somewhere.

I actually got a wave back the other day, A41 last Sunday between Bicester and Waddesdon, I flashed at 2 Civics that passed, the first one ignored me the second looked rather strangely and then waved. Even the wife cheered!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I live in Leeds and have seen a few civic owners and always wonder if they are also on this forum.

A meet would be good but at the moment we are all over the place location wise. When the forum grows meets will occur often I think.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Yep, when it has grown a bit it will be more worthwhile - if only to see or hear the mods that others have done. Went to a couple of Golf ones, and it's not quite as sad as you might think - met a couple of guys who keep cropping up around t'interweb and drove a chipped car that convinced me to do it.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
There is a Golf meet near me (Sherburn Motocycle Cafe), looked really strange, loads of Golfs all different ages and styles, some tacky some not. But the strangest bit was that it happened to be on a Wednesday evening which just happens to be the evening that everyone with a motobike goes to the cafe.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep thats what i meant went the site grows, and im sure it will.

does johnpease tell buyers about our site?

·
Registered
421 Posts
i think site meets are a great idea, i used to go on meets when i had my zr and me and my fella go on smart meets aswell.
if a big one wasnt possible then local area ones are always good. :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mg has massive meet ups dont they cause of the website they have

·
Registered
125 Posts
All this talk of site meets makes me feal a little left out.....am I still the only member from Dublin?!?!
I'll have to print up a couple of those forum leaflets!

·
Registered
421 Posts
the website i go on is themgzr.co.uk and they regulary have meets. usually local area meets but sometimes huge ones where peeps come from all over. one of the big onesi went to was whitby last year, it was great.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Raegten said:
All this talk of site meets makes me feal a little left out.....am I still the only member from Dublin?!?!
I'll have to print up a couple of those forum leaflets!
A weekend meet in Dublin sound like fun to me :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts