2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’ve got a 2006 civic 2.2 diesel.
This morning the engine warning symbol appeared in the middle of the rev counter (yellow outline of engine with a big yellow exclamation mark in the middle) and at the same time the glow plug symbol on the dash is flashing, I can’t get these to disappear.
Each time I start the car it appears - HELP

Can anybody help me please???
:neutral:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

I have the same problem with my civic 2006 2.2 cdti. But my car switched off and won't start. I took it to the garage they cleaned the fuel system and replaced fuel filter. Everything was fine forna bit then the same happend. And still not starting. Please HELP

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Does it not explain what the warning means in the manual?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Does it not explain what the warning means in the manual?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
No it doesn't seem to, I can't find anything about the glow plug lamp flashing. Maybe the OP needs to take the car back to the dealer, get the same done again, then buy fuel from somewhere else.
I don't know if there is a fuel cut out on the diesel car, but often reasons for diesels not firing would be air or water in the fuel system. There is a process of priming the fuel system, maybe try that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
glow plug

i had that problem and was told fault in the cruse control they replaced it.. feb 2011... today the fault has returned. so i will need to take it to the garadge but it wont be a honda one after my last visits. :confused::confused:
2006 2.2 cidti with 68k on the clock

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had that problem and was told fault in the cruse control they replaced it.. feb 2011... today the fault has returned. so i will need to take it to the garadge but it wont be a honda one after my last visits. :confused::confused:
2006 2.2 cidti with 68k on the clock
Which honda garage do ou use? Phoenix in south street? My work is 2 mons from there was going to use them for any issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Which honda garage do ou use? Phoenix in south street? My work is 2 mons from there was going to use them for any issues.
Phoenix linwood or i did never again i use to buy all my cars from them. but after the way me and my family have been riped off never again. over the years about 9 cars i have had off them.. untill i bought the honda i had good service second to none. since using honda i have been well out off pocket and made out to be an idiot.. i am waiting till i can aford to scrap the honda and i wont use them ever again. hope this helps...

·
Registered
13 Posts
oww i should have said henrys honda in shawlands glasgow.. i explained everything to them and the service manager poped my car up and did a load off work on it for nothing and said he hoped i would use him infuture.. and he was very supprised at phoenix for thire attitued towards my cars faults...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts