2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of yellow pads on my stoptech BBK and getting a bit of brake judder.

A local tuning garage, for evo's granted, said that the pads aren't hard enough to cut the discs. They are leaving deposit on the disc, causing the judder.

Thoughts?

I thought yellow stuff were fairly well regarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Maybe someone will be along soon who also has a stoptech bbk but on my type-r setup with mtech discs I've nearly done a set of yellow stuff pads in just over 12mths tbf they aren't bad but I hear you about the deposits and I think that's why heavy breaking is need to warm them and clean the disc surface, personal I get no judder but I do get a loud humming coming from the breaks when I break hard at speed which is iterating the hell out of me gonna try reds next or ds2500's

Sent from my HTC M9 and the power of my thumbs.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Maybe someone will be along soon who also has a stoptech bbk but on my type-r setup with mtech discs I've nearly done a set of yellow stuff pads in just over 12mths tbf they aren't bad but I hear you about the deposits and I think that's why heavy breaking is need to warm them and clean the disc surface, personal I get no judder but I do get a loud humming coming from the breaks when I break hard at speed which is iterating the hell out of me gonna try reds next or ds2500's

I have mtec discs and ds2500 pads, pretty good!

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Perhaps they just need heating a bit then. As I expected, I can't find any negative reviews on them!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like EBC. Brakes haven't improved any!

I had a set of greenstuff pads on one of my cars years ago n they were very harsh on the the discs, knew a fella that tracked his ZS180 using EBC pads and the pads crumbled/fell apart on him! A couple of my mates had there pads and discs on there vauxpoo's and they BOTH had issues with warping discs etc etc!

I've just bought fresh discs and pads all round for mine and have gone for Ferodo ds2500's, had a mate who ran Galfer pads on his track car too and rated them very highly as well!

Some people do seem to get on with the EBC products, but tbh I've read MORE negative comments on them than I have positive ( not on here though - haven't looked tbh)

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Simply bin them. Yellow stuff aren't good. First set I had I thought they were OK, second set were terrible. Then fitted DS2500 and realised how bad the yellow stuff ones had been. Never again!

You can get deposits on the discs. You could try bedding in again with 10-20 hard braking attempts close together. It may help.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They seem OK for road use but I think they will be replaced before the summer.
Another expensive mistake!

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,127 Posts
I've never got on with EBC stuff on my cars either. I know it's not related to the FN2 but I've just replaced ebc HH sintered pads on my motorcycle with better SBS sintered ones. I won't recommend ebc products to anybody.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,127 Posts
Simply bin them. Yellow stuff aren't good. First set I had I thought they were OK, second set were terrible. Then fitted DS2500 and realised how bad the yellow stuff ones had been. Never again!

You can get deposits on the discs. You could try bedding in again with 10-20 hard braking attempts close together. It may help.
This is correct. Although for pads if you can get them for stoptech, I'd recommend Carbone Lorraine RC5+. Simply amazing and never had one bit of brake fade on an otherwise standard UK ITR DC2 brake setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts