2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alarm on my 2007 - 2.2 ( horn not siren under boot) has been going off fairly frequently for no reason and after much messing around checking doors, sensors etc... etc... etc... i.e. all the advice given on here , I've given up and totally disconnected the battery, before my neighbours kill me .....dealers on Monday , car needs a service- anyway .

·
big dog
1,136 Posts
My Alarm on my 2007 - 2.2 ( horn not siren under boot) has been going off fairly frequently for no reason and after much messing around checking doors, sensors etc... etc... etc... i.e. all the advice given on here , I've given up and totally disconnected the battery, before my neighbours kill me .....dealers on Monday , car needs a service- anyway .
Im afraid the issue would be, the alarm backup batteries have died (probably if your battery was discharged when the car was locked). And sa you have probably already read, these backup batteries are not removable and the dealership would want to charge you for the whole alarm unit...

Hope thats not the case but its highly likely mate.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Happened to me - twice - and my main battery's still OK!
Last time, after some negotiating, Honda paid for the Siren (expensive unfortunately and a sealed unit) and I paid the relatively nominal labour for fitting and testing.

My bonus was through my low mileage and 100% Honda Service Record.

Al.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts