2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've gone and done it.

I've traded in the Type-S for the Accord Type-S. We have our first little one on the way and whilst I like the Civic, with a change in job meaning a 70 mile round trip each day, plus getting sproglet in and out of the back; it was time to look at an alternative motor.

Initially I was looking at either an A4 or a 320d. I quite liked the Audi's looks (S-Line Spec with Optional 19" wheels), so was looking at these as a replacement, but could not find one within a reasonable distance or at a cost I wanted to pay.

Looked at the 320d M Sport Auto; Already have a 320d in the house which was the main reason for looking into them. Economical and good value for money when compared to the Audi's.

Was all going well until BMW offered me a shocking trade-in price for my 08 Type-S, so left there feeling rather deflated.

Popped up the road to the local Honda (Avondale, Solihill) and saw a nice 09 Type-S in the showroom. Had a good look round and took it out for a test drive.

My initial thoughts were that it's a solid car, very comfy, quite, nice on the motorway (compared to the Civ), good MPG, etc.

Then the sales lad started with the toys that came with it - I was blown away! I wont list it all, but am very impressed at the level of toys vs the cost of the car and especially when compared to the German's.

Needless to say, they offered me an excellent price for my car, so the deal was done.

An 09 Accord Type-S in Basque Red will be mine in a couple of weeks :)

Steve

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had read the review and I've liked them, but always thought they would be too expensive for my budget.

It just happens that I got a bit more for my part-ex meaning the cost to change was within my budget :D

Still cant believe all the toys on it!:popcorn2:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Steve, couldn't agree more. In my case I really wanted the 09MY Tourer last year but there were no good deals then; less than a year later however the same car is now within budget. Happiness all round!

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Steve, yes - I picked up an 09 ES GT Tourer. The GT versions comes with satnav, premium audio system, HFT, sports suspension, sports seats (not full leather) and body kit but without the rest of the toys found on the Type S and EX range. The car is an ex demonstrator and had 1500 miles on the clock less than the Civic when I swapped.

See my post in this section for my impressions of the car. At the risk of upsetting some of the more die hard fans of the Civic the Accord feels like a proper car :worms: with many years (at least 3!) ahead of it parked on my drive.

Regards,
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts