2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all,

Just thought I'd register my intent (heh) - I'm interested in buying a Civic and have been doing a lot of digging around, this place is a fantastic resource which I'm probably going to need in the future!

Having a test drive of an auto on Sunday - if this is to my liking, then I'm probably going to order a 1.8EX auto with leather and sunny, to be delivered by Christmas (2007) if I'm lucky :roll:

Not decided on colour yet, or the sensors / camera reversing aid debate...

Anyway, nice to be here!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Will be the BEST Christmas present ever- except for that wonderful jumper you got from you know who last year...
Have you warned the neighbours that a Space ship will land on your drive soon?.....

Great choice, great car, great fun.

Where are you based so I know which News area to watch on Ceefax when the big event happens.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Munky !! By the time you finish reading everything on here I'm sure you won't need much convincing.

Let us know how you get on/thoughts after your test drive and what you think of the "Honda" experience.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Hi Munky and welcome. :lol:

I have an i-Shift and must tell you that it takes a couple of weeks to get the hang of it; then you won't have anything else. Enjoy. :D

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Munky, and welcome. I have the rear sensors, which are excellent. Others have the camera, which they are equally pleased with. So you " pays your money and takes your choice". :wink:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Munky, welcome to civinfo.
Mine's s a 1.8 EX i-Shift in blueish silver. My leather has been bespoke fitted and I have the camera. With the EX model you might just as well go with the camera since it utilises the sat. nav screen - which is standard fit.
As allan40alt states, you need a little time to adjust regarding the i-Shift then you will be well and truly hooked.
It's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wel+co++m.

If u still have not made up your mind yet, let me tell u this, a better car than the civic starts at € 70.000,00 and I am serious about that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,

Turned up at the stealership ten minutes early.

Went to go into a Civic for a test drive, and through the window I spot a gearstick with 6 numbers on it.

"I can't drive that - I asked for a test drive in an automatic?"

"Oh - that's with a guy who doesn't work Sundays. Can you come back next week?"

:roll:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
They are plonkers !!! . Is there another dealership within your area ?. I'd give that lot a miss . :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
hmmm - NOT the best of starts...

and the bad news is that pre-sales is often the bit they do best!

Agree, I start looking round for another dealer unless they start apologising very soon :(

Welcome aboard by the way - think I missed that out until now! :oops:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers!

There is another dealership nearby - but it's part of the same lot (same franchise name).

They were fairly apologetic, but I guess I may get my own back if I like the car, and decide to 'negotiate'.

/prints off broker estimates

·
Registered
226 Posts
Munky,

Had to do the same thing for a client yeaterday. Wanted to drive the i- Shift, but our demo is sold.

Client did show up un-anounced, apologised, and made an appointment to take the car to their house for them to test drive.

Every one is now happy.

Simple service

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
i looked for about 2 months before ordering great feeling when you finally do it :D :) :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I had my test drive.

The ride was incredibly harsh, and the road noise was horrific at cruising speeds - anyone else have that, did I get a duff loaner?

The autobox was reasonable, and I did like the dash and everything. Seats were a bit uncomfortable but I'd probably go for leather seats anyway.

I think it's back to the drawing board for me. What a fabulous looking car, ruined by very minor points.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
If the Civic isn't to your taste, and you need an auto, you must try the DSG 'box on Golf ,Audi etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funny you should say that, I've got a test drive in an Octavia DSG this afternoon.

I really didn't mind the autobox in the Civic, I got used to it reasonably quickly, it's just the ride and road noise that seemed a bit....

I still may buy one though, just because it has the charm!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
The road noise is there and there is no getting away from it - uncanny how they matched the tone on the advert - seen the making of on the Honda Site anyone?? Had some interesting bits!

I think the noise is quite soothing.. but may change my mind when I eventually pick up the car next week.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts