2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Thought I'd take the opportunity to say hello to everyone. Had my NHB Civic for about a month now and loving every minute of it.

Added myself to the map (Eggy) however I noticed that there's not many of us around the Yorkshire area at the moment.

Think one of the best things about the car is when I watch my friends trying to get into the back seats. The first time they try it they just stand outside and wait for the passenger to get out and let them in thinking it's 3 door.

At first I used to point vigorously towards the hidden handles however now I've taken to just looking straight back at them and letting them figure it out for themselves. :)

Anyway, enough waffling, time to get back to reading all the posts and finding out all the hidden tricks and tips that you guys and gals find. (Think I will have to spend an hour just sitting in the car and pressing random buttons to see if I can come up some other hidden features!!!

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Allow a fellow Tyke to welcome you to the site; you'll find just about all you want to know about the 2006 Civic here. I've had my Silver 1.8 SE about a month too and I'm really enjoying it.

I also thought it was a 3 door car when I first had a nosey round one...'til the chap reached for a hidden handle and opened a near invisible door. :oops:

So, are you north, west or south (or whatever Humberside is called these days)?

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I'll forget the 'Roses', Welcome from the North West eggy.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Can I say hi even though I'm from nowhere near there? :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Welcome to the site, I was born in Dewbury, still follow the fortunes of Huddersfield Town for my sins, might even try and get to a game this year.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hello and welcome from South Yorkshire :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morning all, Thanks for the replies everyone, I feel "At home" now. Before I felt like I'd been peering through a window.

Found my first feature of the car. In quick succession, If you press the Window Lock button twice and then buttons 1, 3 and 5 on the stereo, Switch the heated rear windscreen on then off and then turn the air con down, it causes the girlfriend to ask what the hell I'm doing :D

Seriously though, how do you all find these other features? I've already made use of the automatic door locking feature.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Found my first feature of the car. In quick succession, If you press the Window Lock button twice and then buttons 1, 3 and 5 on the stereo, Switch the heated rear windscreen on then off and then turn the air con down, it causes the girlfriend to ask what the hell I'm doing :D
I thought that was only available on the EX. Great update!;) :D ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Closest so far!!! I got bought the car from the dealer there. Preferred them rather than the dealer in Bradford. They were alot friendlier than Bradford.

I think I must have been really lucky because I placed the order in July and I got the car 2 weeks later. Luckily they had just received one in stock.!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Do you think its a good idea to be associated with the wild hoards east of the Pennines ?.;)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Is the fish and chip shop near the park and the traffic lights still open in Cleckheaton? Great fish and chips. Thats one thing I miss about the North, and of course the Curries, having spent 4 yrs in Bradford you become almost addicted, especially as a student. Always had the same thing in the same place, went back 2 yrs after graduating the chap was still there, knew what I wanted and wondered why he hadn't seen me, even apologised in case it was the food. Still made me pay for it though. Shezan I think it was called, just next to the pub near the halls at the bottom of the hill on Great Horton Road....................................... (drifts off into dream)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts