2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come I can edit a reply post but when I try to edit an old post, my original mod thread #1 post, it comes up with this message? pretty sure I haven't edited 10 posts in the last 10 days?

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, thanks.

·
Administrator
18,020 Posts
The old forum used to lock down posts after x number of days.

I wonder if the new/whiz bang forum is doing this but throwing the wrong message?

PS: the new forum is mostly 'bang' atm with numerous issues outstanding :(

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mmmm, so I can’t amend my first mod thread to update the current status of mods. Shame.

·
Administrator
1,328 Posts
This is a bug we discovered. Its not triggered with every user and we are working on tracking the cause. Right now you can make unlimited edits for 24 hours of posting. After that the edits are limited only to the number of actions you take in a week. The first 24 hours is not counted. The bug is generating a false positive at the moment for some users.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still not able to edit, is there any other way I can edit my first build post so as the mod list reads current? Could an Admin do it if I was to post in the thread what I want for the 1st post including pictures?

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
I'll do it for you Bones.
PM me with exactly what you want done.
But don't get me started on the incompetence........
See, you nearly started me off :D

Not 100% about pics though. I'm a bit of a dunce with those.:(

·
Administrator
18,020 Posts
Locking down old posts over x days is good and ensures historical posts are accurate and not corrected at a later date. Admittedly this can be annoying but it maintains the forum integrity, especially during if a thread becomes 'heated'.

As mentioned, if anyone requires the first/old post modifying then reach out to the Moderator with an explanation and we can review each request on a case by case basis, then hopefully agree with you and make any reasonable changes on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll do it for you Bones.
PM me with exactly what you want done.
But don't get me started on the incompetence........
See, you nearly started me off :D

Not 100% about pics though. I'm a bit of a dunce with those.:(
Thank you @M8TJT
I'll write the amendments up and PM you, I'll try at some point today. Appreciate your help.

Locking down old posts over x days is good and ensures historical posts are accurate and not corrected at a later date. Admittedly this can be annoying but it maintains the forum integrity, especially during if a thread becomes 'heated'.

As mentioned, if anyone requires the first/old post modifying then reach out to the Moderator with an explanation and we can review each request on a case by case basis, then hopefully agree with you and make any reasonable changes on your behalf.
Appreciate that, but in some case such as a mofification thread if the mods are listed and not emended it may loose interest as at the start of a build, like mine, there will only be a few mods. JMHO

Thank you for your help and clarification though.

·
Administrator
1,328 Posts
@Civ_Admin
Perhaps you would like to clarify what is supposed/you think should happening with edits.
I'd love to have that ability. However, it is currently not operating as intended/ expected. It's become a bit of a Gordian Knot with a few variations of how users experience it. Let me clarify how it is supposed to function:
Within 24 hours of a post you have unlimited ability to edit a post. This helps catch spelling errors or formatting usually. Once a post is older than 24 hours, you can use one of your 10 edit abilities to make changes to the post. Once one of these edit abilities is expended it goes on it's own independent 7-day countdown timer. While this countdown timer is running you should be able to continue to edit this post as you see fit without expending another ability.

Currently users have reported numerous conflicts within the above logic, and finding the right series of code to resolve them all is taking time. We appreciate all those reporting any errors as it helps shade in the dimensions of this problem.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
Thank you for the explanation 5 days later, even though I really don't fully understand it.
But what happens in the case of the thread that is originated by @Bones126 where he wants to keep post #1 updated with the current status of his modifications? Does that time out for the OP?
In that particular instance, I helped him out and edited the post for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts