2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

i would like to know how many oil your Type R consumes.
I found out that my FN2 (bought it at 30000 km, 5W30) consumed about 1 Litre (MAX to MIN) after just 5500km. Is that normal?

I don't drive like crazy and i always drive about 20km before i go over 4000 RPM.
My fuel consumption is about 9,7litres per 100km

Regards
Daniel

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Different cars use different amounts of oil! Type r can be thirsty on oil! mine isn't too bad but I have heard of others using lots!

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I have noticed that when I had 5-30 in my car it would drink about a litre every 2k milesish.

Now that I have 10w-40 it has not dropped at all in 1k miles.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
During the first 10000 km on mine it had consumed just over a litre of 5W30. After the first service the level started to drop slowly after 5000 km and I topped it up once. It's now done 6500 km since the second oil change at 20000 km and it has just dropped below the top marker, so will probably have to top up with a few 100 ml before the next service.

I believe the manual states up to 1 litre every 1000 km can be expected, although I do think that would be a little extreme.

I get the impression that the less oil there is left, the faster it seems to consume it so stay on top of it.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Hi,

i would like to know how many oil your Type R consumes.
I found out that my FN2 (bought it at 30000 km, 5W30) consumed about 1 Litre (MAX to MIN) after just 5500km. Is that normal?

I don't drive like crazy and i always drive about 20km before i go over 4000 RPM.
My fuel consumption is about 9,7litres per 100km

Regards
Daniel
I would say that's quite a lot for the fuel comsumption (it seems you are driving very slow), but I think it's still under normal level of oil consumption for this car. Mine is taking 1L on 8000km.

~10 dyno measurement (3000-till fuel cut) and had to add 200ml. More VTEC more oil it takes.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I believe that if your engine is used to driving at not more that 4000 revs then when you take it past that it will use more oil. You've got to keep the engine in shape and work it out all through the rev range so that it is used to it.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
My fn2 hasn't used a drop of oil in the 3 years I've had it, it's been on track a few times and not a drop needed for top up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
mine hardly uses any

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
havent had to top up my 2008 CTR since i bought it last november (7months) Gone from checking it weekly to monthly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for you replys. Seems that it differs from FN2 to FN2...
I think i will try 5W40 on next oil change.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I use MOTUL 300V 5W-40 and it takes some about 2 liters every 10000km. Usualy I step on it! But also consider of the average hot climate of my country..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Total Quartz 9000 energy 0w40 100% Synthetic

Mine consumes 1ltr per 1000kms. Have to go for an oil change every 5000kms. And at times if it runs out early Honda does a free top up :).

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Mine gets through around 1 litre every 2000 miles on castrol edge 0w-30. I was thinking of changing to mobil 1 as that dramatically reduced my oil consumption in my 330ci BMW.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Odd that your car is using that much oil. Mine`s on Castrol Edge 0W30 too and I have virtually no oil consumption.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts