2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What car were you driving before getting the Civic?

I'm still driving a 1.4 petrol 206.

Until July when I get my 1.8 sport!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alfa 147 2.0 lusso for another 6 hours ! :D
And before we get the 'reliability' comments-I've had Alfa's for last 8 years, the 147 has been totally reliable so much so that I actually had a dig on the Top Gear survey this year that they aren't 'fun' anymore 'cos everything still works ! :lol:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Smart Roadster. Great car, rubbish aftersales service.

If I could have afforded to keep it for use it at weekends/special occations than I would have.

It helped that it was tuned with uprated brakes.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
it's my third civic (1.8 sport). the previous two were 1990 1.6dx (in the usa) and 2000 1.4i, both three doors hatchbacks.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
206 1.6 Roland Garros...sweet car, nice trim and plenty of gadgets :D

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
andymc63 said:
Alfa 147 2.0 lusso for another 6 hours ! :D
And before we get the 'reliability' comments-I've had Alfa's for last 8 years, the 147 has been totally reliable so much so that I actually had a dig on the Top Gear survey this year that they aren't 'fun' anymore 'cos everything still works ! :lol:
Haha good old "Fix It Again Tony" :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
CivPilot said:
Uprated brakes??? does that mean you don't have to use your feet any more? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Diesel Golf - quite a nice car but some really annoying misfeatures (the central locking system and wing mirrors have bugged me to hell for the last 3 years!!)

Also, a hand-brake that simply didn't work (VW's glib response - park in gear)

"Honda day" for me is 27th May after a very very long wait ))

Marcus.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Most recent at top:

Audi A4 Quattro Sport
Nissan 350Z
Golf TDi 190 (chipped 150)
Golf GTi 150
Golf TDi 115
Golf TDi 90
BMW M3
Porsche Boxster
Porsche 968 Club Sport
Peugeot 205 Gti 1.9 again
Porsche 924 Turbo
Peugeot 205 Gti 1.9 + nitrous
Golf Driver 1.6
Rover V8 (ex police)
2CV (x3)
Beetle
Fiat 500 (with GPz 900R engine conversion)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pottsy said:
Most recent at top:

Audi A4 Quattro Sport
Nissan 350Z
Golf GTi 150
Golf TDi 115
Golf TDi 90
BMW M3
Porsche Boxster
Porsche 968 Club Sport
Porsche 924 Turbo
Golf Driver 1.6
Rover V8 (ex police)
2CV (x3)
Beetle
Wow, I've only ever owned three. :shock:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pottsy said:
Most recent at top:

Audi A4 Quattro Sport
Nissan 350Z
Golf GTi 150
Golf TDi 115
Golf TDi 90
BMW M3
Porsche Boxster
Porsche 968 Club Sport
Porsche 924 Turbo
Golf Driver 1.6
Rover V8 (ex police)
2CV (x3)
Beetle
i had an Accord 1.8 (semi-auto) and 1.2 Corsa (manual)

Pottsy u had a 350z, m3 and porsche boxster?? and u sold them!? were they all bought new or used?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
They were all new (the M3 and Porsches were company cars!). Had a bit of a career change - you might be able to spot when...

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
They were all new (the M3 and Porsches were company cars!). Had a bit of a career change - you might be able to spot when...
Was it just after the nitrous kit? :?:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Kpow99 said:
CivPilot said:
Uprated brakes??? does that mean you don't have to use your feet any more? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Well lets just say that the new civic wouldn't see which way my Roadster went on a windy road. Whilst I had it I used to follow cars that should have been far quicker on the twisties and I wasnt even pushing hard. In fact the only time I decided to let a car go it was an Elise S2 (and turned out to be a 111R). The owner of that car was hugely shocked I kept up

Enough power to flick the back out in corners (once the esp was off) and uprated brakes to ensure the thing still stopped on a dime. Evo magazine rated the standard Roadster brakes as effective as a 911 when they drove it, car is so light).

Like I said, it was a great car, shame the running costs are so incredibly high.

Gordon Murray (McLaren F1 designer) had one as a company car at McLaren, he liked it so much that when he left he bought it.

In the past amongst other things I've owned (real) mini's with very high spec engines (race heads, proper carbies etc) to a Renault 19 with (a dynoed) 180bhp at the front wheels (what a laugh while the clutch cables lasted).
The Roadster without doubt was the most fun to drive out of antything I've owned.

Thankfully the civic fills a different role entirely so they cant be objectively compared.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Kpow99 said:
That's some list Pottsy, why get rid of the 350?
The Z was a great car in almost every respect, except there are now three of us and it was just a bit short of seats. Here's mine, having been through the photoshop mill:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 310 Posts