2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted a new Yuasa YBX3096 battery 11 months ago,and the engine barely turned over 2 days ago.Nice warm day,no prior warning at all.Checked A/C relay for rattles,all quiet.Motor factor exchanged battery without a quibble.There were no sparks from terminals when new battery connected,so nothing drawing current when it shouldn't, I suppose?? The new battery is working well so far after several short journeys. Any opinions/experiences most welcome :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Fitted a new Yuasa YBX3096 battery 11 months ago,and the engine barely turned over 2 days ago.Nice warm day,no prior warning at all.Checked A/C relay for rattles,all quiet.Motor factor exchanged battery without a quibble.There were no sparks from terminals when new battery connected,so nothing drawing current when it shouldn't, I suppose?? The new battery is working well so far after several short journeys. Any opinions/experiences most welcome :)
Probably a "one off". I happened to me once with a Varta battery on FIAT Bravo HGT which lasted about a month, changed it for a new one (supplying motorfactor was adamant it was the alternator - which it wasn't - remarkable, for Italian electrics), fitted a new Varta battery - problem free.

Apart from everything else electrical, of course.............

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
You sure that you bought the right model for the 2.2 ?

YBX3096 ?

After much research I bought a Yuasa 12v 80Ah 760A Silver Car Battery YBX5096 (HSB096) SEALED 5 YEAR WARRANTY from Fleabay for £75 delivered last December.

What warranty did your original one come with and what was it rated to ?

Glad the seller replaced it, hope replacement lasts. Should do, if it's the correct one for your car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,they double checked and said it was the right one for a 2.2. No idea what the warranty was,but it is rated to 75Ah and 650A.The Varta battery which was on the car whenI bought it (original..I don't know!) was 74Ah and 680A.If this one goes,I think I'll have a go with a 5096 as you suggest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts