2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
For taking the DPF down i mean
You need to take the under body cover off, remove the cat sensor (google cat socket to remove it), then the heat shield (3 or 4 bolts), Disconnect the DPF sensor pipes, You have three bolts connecting dpf on the turbo and three connecting to the exhaust. Get these off and lift the dpt up. The hardest was loosing the bolts on the top of the dpf connecting it to the turbo but I had a decent air gun which helped. Back wash it, leave it over night to drain or if you have an air compressor push air through it. Also during wash screw a bolt in where the cat sensor was and tape over dpf pipe as water will come out. Refit the next day and it will dry out after 10 minutes driving,

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need to take the under body cover off, remove the cat sensor (google cat socket to remove it), then the heat shield (3 or 4 bolts), Disconnect the DPF sensor pipes, You have three bolts connecting dpf on the turbo and three connecting to the exhaust. Get these off and lift the dpt up. The hardest was loosing the bolts on the top of the dpf connecting it to the turbo but I had a decent air gun which helped. Back wash it, leave it over night to drain or if you have an air compressor push air through it. Also during wash screw a bolt in where the cat sensor was and tape over dpf pipe as water will come out. Refit the next day and it will dry out after 10 minutes driving,
I took the dpf out and it is currently being backflushed with a hose. Oddly, it looks quite clean. At first some white ash was coming out but now its only clean water. Do i need to set it as a "new" dpf in the ecu?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update. After backflushing the dpf for 3 hours a lot of white/red/black particles came out. I didnt take off the pressure sensor or the temperature sensor. I left it to dry overnight with a dehumidifier blowing over it. Today i placed it back on the engine and no errors appeared. We shall se if the dpf! sign will appear again after 8g of soot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ok. You do need a decent flow of water. I had a two inch wash down hose pumped so a decent flow through it. At the top of dpf there was a fair flow of water coming out. Its the volume of water you need to get through it rather than pressure. I didn't reset it to a new dpf. I just fitted and started the car up and went easy for the first ten minutes to push all the water out/dry out

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just a follow-up.

I am currently at 1100km since the dpf wash with 9g of pm. No sign of the dpf! yet. Fingers crossed!
Ok that would be in line with mine. I get around 1200 KM before a regen so you should achieve this and get it back to working order.

I have flushed mine each year for the last three years now since the first DPF issue I got.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok that would be in line with mine. I get around 1200 KM before a regen so you should achieve this and get it back to working order.

I have flushed mine each year for the last three years now since the first DPF issue I got.
You are right. It did a self-regen at around 1200km and no issues since. So flushing the dpf is certainly the way to go when the dpf! symbols shows its ugly face.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts