2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok, so i now have ordered the XHorse cable and i have today bought a laptop that has Windows XP installed on it.

Would someone be so kind and help me to get the correct HDS software?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I received my HDS cable today and loaded the driver onto my netbook so i should have everything i need now.

Edit

It wasn't going well to start with but after reading Sasqurtch's post on how he installed it and many tries installing/rebooting the software i was successful in getting it to communicate with the car. The battery in my tiny netbook isn't the greatest so i only had a bit of time this evening to run a health check and look at the DPF info.

This is what i got for the DPF data

Does this info look OK?

·
Registered
170 Posts
What is the pm value indicated that you should start to worry on the hds software?

I am on 11.2 just now after 1097.60km

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is there any way to get hds working on a Windows 10 laptop?

My dell mini netbook with Windows xp on it died on me and I can't get xp to dual boot on my Windows 10 laptop.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the hds running on win10 but I can't get a honda version of the xhorse MVCI to run on win10 to communicate with the car.

Been messing with vm on xp but it's a real pain in the arse. Need to try and get the USB sockets to recognise anything plugged into it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
VMWare Player detects my USB cable fine, are you sure your settings for your VM are correct ? Are you using VMWare or another hypervisor ? I know I couldnt get VirtualBox to work (although others could) VMWare Player is free for personal use and I've got this working for a few people on here as well so it seems a safe choice
I have only tested Hypervisor so far. Will give the VMWare a butchers this weekend to see if i have any better luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Finally got around to checking my dpf on hds.

It seems the last time the car done a regen was a while ago. Is this normal?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I will get a better image after my work today.
I have tried to clean up the image on my phone. Not sure if it will look better now.

Pm value is 9.3 which is fine I think but my last regen was 5092km ago!

Edit

I have just noticed that since I have a blue spark box for my 1.6l i-dtec I changed over to the top setting (E9) around 5000miles ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with the car not reporting a regen in that time but the milage is pretty close to what it was the last time it did a regen.

I suppose as long as the pm value doesn't go above the late teens and burns off while normal driving it should be OK.

I don't hoon about in the car as with the price of diesel I am trying to get half decent mpg out of since I commute 400miles a week in it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have ordered an obd2 reader today, so I will mess around with that when I get it tomorrow. It will make it easier to check up on the dpf rather than having to boot up a netbook and load hds.

I will just be using on my android phone as I don't have the android headunit

I have also disconnected the bluespark box this morning (before heading off to my work) to see if the car regens on its own. Maybe the tune on the highest setting is running things hot enough to burn the soot while driving, thus not needing to regen?

The Pm value was 9.9 this morning after my 40mile commute to work. I think the car tries to regen around 12 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I now have an OBD2 Bluetooth reader, Torque Pro and ELM327Chat apps but i have no idea what i have to do with them to get them to read the DPF values on Torque Pro. I have also downloaded the IDTEC CVS file provided by Vasilch.

I have a 1.6l Honda Civic (FK3 N16A1)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got the car to connect with torque Pro and I have imported the pid file.

When putting widgets onto the dashboard I am getting -0.3 for pm value and over 4000 miles since last regen.

My car did do a regen this week, which is indicated on hds and shows 2.4g pm value over 517.20km

My Civic is a 2014 plate.

In elm327chat I get nothing when I input AT PPS. When I input AT AL this is the values I get from it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
1. again, please, read my posts carefully DPF follow-up with Honda HDS software
2. problem with Novel is that he haven't reported any value from the link i posted above. And his value was 197 (after my second question 8) )
yes, i would also assume that it is wrong. To be able to analyze it further I need output to following commands send in ELM327Chat:
AT WS
AT H0
AT S1
AT AL
AT CAF1
AT SP7
AT SH DA10F1

berrer to post answers as .log file from \ELM327Chat folder on your phone after exiting ELM327chat - look date/time in file names.
this is byte number 20 (T in latin alphabet) in received answer (counting bytes after header, starting with first byte = A).
I couldn't find the log file for elm327chat on my phone but here are the results from typing in the commands.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought another obd2 reader and now the values match with HDS.

Unfortunately it's a WiFi obd2 but at least this one works. I think I need to manually pair it every time I use it. Might just need to mess about with the settings on my phone.

I still need to sort out what info I need to be displayed and get it looking a bit better.

Thank you for all the help in getting me setup Vasilich.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have elm327 and torque Pro. How can I get this information on my phone please ? I
Download the file attached made by Vasilich.

In Torque Pro click on settings/Manage extra PIDs/Import CVS file then select the file you downloaded.
Select Vehicle profile and type into the Profile Name (Honda CRV IDTEC (N22B3)
In Realtime Information add the relevant displays you want to show like PM Value ect.

That is what worked for me tbh.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
5000 km after last regen is fine, if you do a lot of highway you could ever not seen any active regen at all, it happens to me the same, about 4000 kms without active regen and DPF particulate floating at around 8-10 grams. After high speed trips particulate goes down a little bit to 8, then goes up in city trips a bit to 9-10, then goes down on highway again... At high loads it simply passive regen the filter maintaining it at 8-10 grams of particulate. Remember the car start active regen at about 12 grams, if it never reach 12 grams it would never start an active regen.
The last time i checked HDS before removing my Bluespark box it was over 6000km. Within a week of driving (under 400miles) with the box removed i had a successful regen and have had another since then. My driving style has not changed since removing and i am still doing the same mileage per week.

I am wondering if having the box fitted on it's highest setting (E7) runs the engine and exhaust hotter thus burning off the soot while in motion?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts