2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
To enter the menu hold down the "map" , "menu" and "backup" button on the dash, after 2 or 3 seconds the diagnostics menu pops up

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
Another explanation :

“It hasn’t been in the news much but yesterday the date was written by many computers as 2201010001 (YYMMDDHHMM).” said this 2007 Honda CR-V owner.

Many older computers that store the date this way cannot handle any number bigger than 2147483647, so as soon as the year began with a 22, it fails and can no longer register the date/time correctly.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
I found this post :

I just took a look at my '09 and the clock is correct. The calendar correctly indicates 2022, too. I bought a new navigation DVD in 2016.
Others with later DVD's still have the issue though.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
Reading the various posts on other sites. Mainly the US CRV site. I can't determine whether Honda have estimated August for a fix or when they think it will 'auto fix'

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
Honda UK are aware. This is their latest response :

We have just received some more information regarding this and were advised that the Honda technical department are currently working on this.

Once there is a fix for this issue Honda authorized dealers will be made aware of it and will be able to assist with this at that point.

A service bulletin will be issued to our dealers from Honda UK on how to fix this.

As such it would be best to check with your local Honda authorized dealer for any updates as they would have the latest information for this and will be able to assist once the fix is released.

They can also contact the Honda technical department for additional assistance with this if necessary.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
I've just checked what I still have in stock from when I had a 8G and mine are DVD+R Dual Layer and of course you need a dual layer burner.

Other than that is the player head clean ?

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
Given it's all based on maths is there a date in Aug it should drop back into sequence ?

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
The 'official' response from Honda USA was :

We have escalated the NAVI Clock Issue to our Engineering Team and they have informed us that you will experience issue from Jan 2022 thru August 2022 and then it will auto-correct. Please be assured that we will continue to monitor this and will advise you if a fix is available before that time.
That indicates Sep to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts