2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,127 Posts
these claims seem to relate to diesel engines which are capable of moon traveling mileages what about petrol engine ones
The same goes for Honda petrol engines.

Reactions: Jon_G

·
Registered
30 Posts
158000 for me,still on original clutch,drives great- considering I have only driven 3000 miles annually for the last three years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maintenance @*kms

Hi everyone!

I´m looking for common reliability issues at certain mileage/kms, though it depends on driving and environment. Mine has now 240.000kms, and has replaced:

210000kms exhaust manifold, advise extreme caution with the procedure, mine is going back to Honda due to strange whistles...

220000kms alternator oem

230000kms 4 shocks, oem sachs

Clutch now slips in 4th and upper gears in low revs when full throttle, nursing It to see how long it lasts...

shame Honda closed in my city, people buy French and germans here... the mechanic Joao was great and told me to always use OEM parts, although expensive they provide excellent reliability and ride!

the drive experience is awesome and I don't mind the hard ride, its proven reliable and steady cornering with is enough for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Honda Civic is a line of vehicles made by Honda. Initially a subcompact, the Civic has experienced a few generational changes, getting both bigger and progressively upscale, moving into the conservative vehicle portion. EPA rules for vehicle size class stipulate a vehicle having joined traveler and payload room of 110 to 119.9 cubic feet (3,110 to 3,400 L) is viewed as a fair size vehicle, and in that capacity the tenth era Civic car is in fact a little end average size vehicle, despite the fact that regardless it contends in the minimized class.[1] The Civic car is as yet thought to be a conservative vehicle. The Civic as of now falls between the Honda City and Honda Accord.

·
4,354 Posts
I suspect that most UK users of this site are well aware of most of that, but as the Accord has been discontinued in UK and the City is not (yet?) sold here, the comparison is a bit pointless for UK readers.
But thank you for your post.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,127 Posts
The Honda Civic is a line of vehicles made by Honda. Initially a subcompact, the Civic has experienced a few generational changes, getting both bigger and progressively upscale, moving into the conservative vehicle portion. EPA rules for vehicle size class stipulate a vehicle having joined traveler and payload room of 110 to 119.9 cubic feet (3,110 to 3,400 L) is viewed as a fair size vehicle, and in that capacity the tenth era Civic car is in fact a little end average size vehicle, despite the fact that regardless it contends in the minimized class.[1] The Civic car is as yet thought to be a conservative vehicle. The Civic as of now falls between the Honda City and Honda Accord.
Cool story bro

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 97 Civic Jdm car new and I had the motor reconstructed at 305,000 miles on the clock. A couple of years prior when I had around 100,000 miles, my companion purchased an utilized 95 Civic with generally similar miles. His motor sounded much nosier than mine. I generally thought the past proprietor never did the normal upkeep.

Attempt to purchase a vehicle with some sort of administration history. This might be extreme since a great deal proprietors do a portion of the upkeep all alone.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts